Dealing with Alcohol & Drug Use

The use of alcohol and other drugs by youth is a serious problem in our society. See the attached numbers if you or someone you know needs help dealing with their drug or alcohol problem.

For an alcohol or drug related emergency, call 911.

For more information about alcohol and other drugs, or about getting help with an alcohol or drug problem, call the agencies listed below or any treatment program.

City County Drug Helpline- 585-275-0505(24 hours) (TTY- 585-275-2700)

The Center for Youth- 585-271-7670, Toll Free: 1-866-617-KIDS(5437)

Delphi Drug and Alcohol Council- 585-467-2230

Delphi Prevention Program for Youth- 585-697-5648

Huther-Doyle Memorial Institute- 585-325-5100

De Paul's National Council on Alcoholism & Drug Dependence- 585-426-8000

Pathways to Peace (City of Rochester)- 585-428-6639

Puerto Rican Youth Development & Resource Center- 585-325-3540

Recovery Network of New York, SWAN/The Bridge- 585-328-8230

RPD Family and Victim Services/FACIT- 585-428-6630

Threshold Center for Alternative Youth Servies- 585-454-7530

The Recovery Village is a national network of rehabilitation centers with locations across the United States. Using a multidisciplinary and holistic approach to addiction treatment, they offer detox, inpatient, and outpatient programs to all who are suffering from substance use disorder.

AI-Anon/AI-A-Teen Family Groups (Groups for teens with an alcoholic family member/friend)- 585-288-0540
For specialized help:

Alcholics Anonymous 8am-10pm(Groups for Alchoholics of all ages)- 585-232-6720

Narcotics Anonymous- 585-235-7889

NYS Family Court, Juvenile Drug Court- 585-428-1797

Substance & Alcohol Intervention Services for the Deaf- 585-475-4978(V/TTY*)


For drug-free youth programming and socialization activities and youth empowerment, check with your school for information about school sponsored activities, or call:                                                                                            

HEART Coalition for a Drug Free Rochester- 585-428-7371

DePaul's National Council on Alcoholism & Drug Dependence-585-426-8000


For Stop-Smoking Resources:                              

American Cancer Society- 585-288-1950

Lakeside Family Wellness Center- 585-637-6044

New York State Smokers Quitsite- 1-866-NY-QUITS (1-866-697-8487)

Smokers Health Project- 585-530-2050

Unity Chemical Dependency- 585-368-4719


For more information on drug identification, the effects of different substances on the human body, and general information, go to your public library or one of the following:

The Partnership for a Drug Free America          
National Clearing House for Alcohol and Drug Information (NCADI)-Call for free information (1-800-788-2800)
National Institute on Drug Abuse                        



Treatment Programs

The agencies listed below are certified by New York State to provide chemical dependency treatment. Not all are able to serve youth under the age of 18, those who currently accept youth less than age 18 are marked with an *. Eligibility requirements differ with each agency. Be sure to check if your medical doctor needs to make a referral, the cost and issues related to health insurance.

Action for a Better Community, New Directions- 585325-5116 x3200

Baden Street Settlement- 585-325-4910

Catholic Family Center, Restart Substance Abuse Services- 585-546-3046

Conifer Counseling Services- 585-442-8422

Delphi Drug and Alcohol Council- 585-467-2230

Huther Doyle- 585-325-5100

John L. Norris Treatment Center- 585-461-0410

Rochester Mental Health and Addiction Center- 585-922-2500

St. Joseph's Villa of Rochester- 585-865-1550

Strong Recovery- 585-275-3535

Unity Chemical Dependency- 585-368-4719

Westfall Associates- 585-473-1500


To report concern about criminal activity involving drugs, call:                                                          

Drug Hotline (City of Rochester)-585-428-6000


There is currently no content classified with this term.


Upcoming Events

More events coming soon!

In Our Blog

Free Admission and Lunch at this Rochester-Monroe County Event